Definitions and Interpretation
The following terms shall have the following meanings:
“Content” means any texts, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Website;
“Data” means collectively all information that you submit to this Website. This includes, but is not limited to, information submitted using any of our services or systems;
“JF Group” means JF Group limited located 81 Vinci Buildings, B.Bontadini Street, Birkirkara, BKR1732 and all its affiliates entities;
“Service” means collectively any online facilities, tools, services or information that JF Group makes available through this Website either now or in the future;
“System” means any online communications infrastructure that JF Group makes available through this Website either now or in the future. This includes, but is not limited to, web-based email, message boards, live chat facilities and email links;
“Website” means the Website that you are currently using (www.jfgroup.com.mt) and any sub-domains of this Website unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
What Data do we collect?
Without limitation, any of the following data may be collected:
date of birth;
contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests;
IP address (automatically collected);
web browser type and version (automatically collected);
operating system (automatically collected);
a list of URLS starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected); and
Cookie information (see Schedule 1 below).
Information we collect about you when you visit our website
We use Google Analytics, a website monitoring tool, to collect information about visitor behaviour on our website. This in turn allows optimisation of the content and pages on www.jfgroup.com.mt and the marketing programs that drive traffic to the website. Each time you visit our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, as well as browser type and version.
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), to, through and fqrom our site (including date and time), pages you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page.
You may universally opt-out of all Google Analytics tracking used by all websites by visiting the following https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Our Use of Personal Data
We will use the personal information you provide us for:
- Contacting you by email, SMS or telephone for the purpose of employment and/or recruitment;
- To enable you to submit your CV, apply online for jobs which may be interest to you;
- Sending your details to prospective or intended employers or customers for the purpose of employment and/or recruitment;
- Providing our recruitment services;
- To answer your questions and enquiries;
- To third parties, regulatory or law enforcement agencies if we believe in good faith that we are required by law to disclose it in connection with the detection of crime, the collection of taxes or duties, in order to comply with any applicable laws or in order of a court of competent jurisdiction, or in connection with legal proceeding;
- Performing our business activities such as marketing, business development and record-keeping;
- To carry out any obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and JF Group and affiliates entities;
From time to time we may seek your consent to process, use or disclose your information for any other purpose not listed above.
Third Party Websites and Services
In addition, we may disclose personal data about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process; (ii) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials based on a lawful disclosure request; and (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity.
We also reserve the right to transfer personal data we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation).
Does JF Group make automated decisions when profiling, screening or shortlisting in the recruitment process?
No, we do not use your personal details to make automated decisions. All our profiling, screening or shortlisting process involves the human intervention of our consultants and employees.
Please be aware that you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to be informed about the personal data JF Group processes on you;
- The right of access to the personal data JF Group processes on you;
- The right to rectification of your personal data;
- The right to erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances;
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability in certain circumstances;
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data that was based on a public or legitimate interest;
- The right not to be subjected to automated decision making and profiling; and
The right to withdraw consent at any time
Where you have consented to JF Group processing your personal data and sensitive personal data you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or +356 20692069.
How do you unsubscribe or remove your details from our database?
If you wish to completely remove all your details from our database, please send us an email at email@example.com quoting “Erase all my details” together with your full name and your email address.
How long do we normally keep your details for?
We will retain any Data that you have provided JF Group for a minimum of 6 months where applicable.
Data Type Retention Period
Customer’ or Sub-Contractor’s Records: 3 years
Head Office Admin: 3 years
Finance: 9 years
Business Development System Minimum: 2 years
The security of your data is very important to us. All personal information supplied to us is held in secure conditions in our database. Access to your personal data is only provided to our staff and third parties who help us to process and store data and, in order to help with the recruitment process, to prospective employers or customers.
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal data you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. In order to ensure the appropriate security and confidentiality of the personal data, we apply to the following security measures:
- Encryption of data in transit;
- Strong user authentication controls;
- Hardened network infrastructure;
- Network monitoring solutions.
Sending us information over the internet
Your information is held on servers hosted by us or our Internet Service Provider. The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk.
Please contact us and we will assist you and provide you with all rights to which you are entitled in relation to your Personal Information under applicable Data Protection Law.